1D50.30 - Carnival Ride Model - Cylinder
- Figuring Physics, TPT, Vol. 50, # 8, Nov. 2012, p. 454.
- Niran Charoenkul, David Wheeler, Chanwit Dejasvanong, "The Wall of Death: Newtons, Nerves, and Nausea", TPT, Vol. 37, # 9, Dec. 1999, p. 533.
- Niran Charoenkul, Chanwit Dejasvanong, "Worldwide Wall of Death", TPT, Vol. 37, # 1, Jan. 1999, p. 3.
- Klaus Fritsch, "More Physics on the Wall of Death", TPT, Vol. 36, # 7, Oct. 1998, p. 390.
- John McCullen, Laurence McIntyre, "Going Around Again", TPT, Vol. 36, # 7, Oct. 1998, p. 389.
- "Biking in the Round", TPT, Vol. 36, # 5, May 1998, p. 261.
- Jerry Webb, "Don't the Texts Have It Wrong?", TPT, Vol. 36, # 3, March 1998, p. 184.
- Robert Ehrlich, "F.7, Twirling an Accelerometer in a Nearly Horizontal Circle", Turn the World Inside Out, p. 73.
- Pat Murphy, Ellen Macaulay, and the Staff of the Exploratorium, Exploratopia, p. 161.
- Vicki Cobb and Kathy Darling, "In Orbit", Bet You Can!, p. 93.
- Borislaw Bilash II, David Maiullo, "Ups and Downys of Centripetal Force", A Demo a Day: A Year of Physics of Demonstrations, p. 138.
Disclaimer: These demonstrations are provided only for illustrative use by persons affiliated with The University of Iowa and only under the direction of a trained instructor or physicist. The University of Iowa is not responsible for demonstrations performed by those using their own equipment or who choose to use this reference material for their own purpose. The demonstrations included here are within the public domain and can be found in materials contained in libraries, bookstores, and through electronic sources. Performing all or any portion of any of these demonstrations, with or without revisions not depicted here entails inherent risks. These risks include, without limitation, bodily injury (and possibly death), including risks to health that may be temporary or permanent and that may exacerbate a pre-existing medical condition; and property loss or damage. Anyone performing any part of these demonstrations, even with revisions, knowingly and voluntarily assumes all risks associated with them.