3C20.05 - Infrasound
- David Rind, "Probing the Atmosphere With Infrasound", TPT, Vol. 17, #2, Feb. 1979, p. 102.
- Toni Feder, "Passive Infrasound Monitoring is an Active Area of Study", Physics Today, Vol. 71, #8, Aug. 2018, p. 22.
- Curt Szuberla, Kenneth Arnoult Jr, "Locating Explosions, Volcanoes, and More With Infrasound", Physics Today, Vol. 64, #4, Apr. 2011, p. 74.
- Alfred Bedard Jr., Thomas Georges, "Atmospheric Infrasound", Physics Today, Vol. 53, #3, Mar. 2000, p. 32.
- Jearl Walker, "3.10, Sounds of Tigers and Elephants", The Flying Circus of Physics, p. 150.
- Rachel Feltman, "Death By Stereo", Popular Science, Winter 2019, p. 21.
Disclaimer: These demonstrations are provided only for illustrative use by persons affiliated with The University of Iowa and only under the direction of a trained instructor or physicist. The University of Iowa is not responsible for demonstrations performed by those using their own equipment or who choose to use this reference material for their own purpose. The demonstrations included here are within the public domain and can be found in materials contained in libraries, bookstores, and through electronic sources. Performing all or any portion of any of these demonstrations, with or without revisions not depicted here entails inherent risks. These risks include, without limitation, bodily injury (and possibly death), including risks to health that may be temporary or permanent and that may exacerbate a pre-existing medical condition; and property loss or damage. Anyone performing any part of these demonstrations, even with revisions, knowingly and voluntarily assumes all risks associated with them.