4C10.10 - P-V-T Model
No advanced notice is required.
- Gavin D. Peckham, "P-V Diagrams Have More to Offer", TPT, Vol. 35, # 1, p. 56- 57, Jan. 1997.
- Robert P. Bauman and Joseph G. Harrison, "Note on a Van Der Waals Gas", TPT, Vol. 34, # 4, Apr. 1996, p. 248.
- Thomas C. Lamborn and Robert Mentzer, "Liquid Carbon Dioxide and Solid Nitrogen", TPT, Vol. 32, # 8, p. 508 - 509, Nov. 1994.
- J. Hellemans, "Visualization of the Ideal Gas Equation", TPT, Vol. 26, # 6, p. 398, Sept. 1988.
- Hg- 2: Freier and Anderson, A Demonstration Handbook for Physics.
- H- 320: "Three Dimensional Model", DICK and RAE Physics Demo Notebook.
- Vadim V. Brazhkin, Kostya Trachenko, "What Separates a Liquid from a Gas?", Physics Today, Nov. 2012, p. 68.
- Johanna Levelt Sengers and Antonius H. M. Levelt, "Diederik Koteweg, Pioneer of Criticality", Physics Today, p. 47, Dec. 2002.
- Yaakov Kraftmakher, "2.10, Phase Diagram of Nitrogen", Experiments and Demonstrations in Physics, ISBN 981-256-602-3, p. 135.
Disclaimer: These demonstrations are provided only for illustrative use by persons affiliated with The University of Iowa and only under the direction of a trained instructor or physicist. The University of Iowa is not responsible for demonstrations performed by those using their own equipment or who choose to use this reference material for their own purpose. The demonstrations included here are within the public domain and can be found in materials contained in libraries, bookstores, and through electronic sources. Performing all or any portion of any of these demonstrations, with or without revisions not depicted here entails inherent risks. These risks include, without limitation, bodily injury (and possibly death), including risks to health that may be temporary or permanent and that may exacerbate a pre-existing medical condition; and property loss or damage. Anyone performing any part of these demonstrations, even with revisions, knowingly and voluntarily assumes all risks associated with them.