8A50.70 - Uranus
Video and web images from the Voyager spacecraft missions are available. Use those that are appropriate for your session.
- Juan Lin, "A Demonstration of Kepler's Third Law", TPT, Vol. 31, # 2, Feb. 1993, p. 122.
- E. M. King, J. M. Aurnou, "Demystifying the Ice Giants Puzzling Poles", Physics Today, June 2013, p. 17.
- Tristan Guillot, "Probing the Giant Planets", Physics Today, April 2004, p. 63.
- Rick Beyer, "The Music Man", The Greatest Science Stories Never Told, p. 28.
- Janice VanCleave, "Planet Facts and Figures", A+ Projects in Astronomy, pp. 193.
- Uranus = Isaac Asimov, "The Unmentionable Planet", Fantasy and Science Fiction Magazine.
Disclaimer: These demonstrations are provided only for illustrative use by persons affiliated with The University of Iowa and only under the direction of a trained instructor or physicist. The University of Iowa is not responsible for demonstrations performed by those using their own equipment or who choose to use this reference material for their own purpose. The demonstrations included here are within the public domain and can be found in materials contained in libraries, bookstores, and through electronic sources. Performing all or any portion of any of these demonstrations, with or without revisions not depicted here entails inherent risks. These risks include, without limitation, bodily injury (and possibly death), including risks to health that may be temporary or permanent and that may exacerbate a pre-existing medical condition; and property loss or damage. Anyone performing any part of these demonstrations, even with revisions, knowingly and voluntarily assumes all risks associated with them.