8C20.10 - Klein Bottle
Trace the outline of the Klein bottle and see that it is a single surface.
- Thomas B. Greenslade, "Tantalus' Cup", AJP, Vol. 71, No. 1, January 2003, p. 45.
- Sankar Das Sarma, Michael Freedman, and Chetan Nayak, "Topological Quantum Computation", Physics Today, July 2006, p. 32.
- Arthur Ramirez, Brian Skinner, "Dawn of the Topological Age?", Physics Today, Vol. 73, #9, Sept. 2020, p. 30.
- Caroline Delbert, "Two Methematicians Just Solved a Century-Old Geometry Problem", Popular Mechanics, Nov./Dec. 2020, p. 32.
- Mark Frauenfelder, "Portal Paper", Mad Professor - Concoct Extremely Weird Science Projects, ISBN 0-8118-3554-5, p. 74.
Disclaimer: These demonstrations are provided only for illustrative use by persons affiliated with The University of Iowa and only under the direction of a trained instructor or physicist. The University of Iowa is not responsible for demonstrations performed by those using their own equipment or who choose to use this reference material for their own purpose. The demonstrations included here are within the public domain and can be found in materials contained in libraries, bookstores, and through electronic sources. Performing all or any portion of any of these demonstrations, with or without revisions not depicted here entails inherent risks. These risks include, without limitation, bodily injury (and possibly death), including risks to health that may be temporary or permanent and that may exacerbate a pre-existing medical condition; and property loss or damage. Anyone performing any part of these demonstrations, even with revisions, knowingly and voluntarily assumes all risks associated with them.