8E30.40 - Using Space to Teach Physics
- Shannon D. Willoughby, Bahereh A. Samie, Janelle M. Bailey, Rebecca E. Vieyra, Ramon E. Lopez, "Not Quite Like the Movies: Teaching the Realities of Space Exploration", TPT, Vol. 60, #8, Nov. 2022, p. 708.
- Vida Kariž Merhar, Rok Capuder, Timotej Maroševič, Sonja Artač, Alenka Mozer, and Maja Štekovič, "Vič Goes to Near Space", TPT, Vol. 54, #8, Nov. 2016, p. 482.
- Paul Hewitt, "Answer to April Figuring Physics Question", TPT, Vol. 54, #5, May 2016, p. 276.
- Mark Denny, "Weather Balloon Ascent Rate", TPT, Vol. 54, #5, May 2016, p. 268.
- B. N. Fong, J. T. Kennon, and E. Roberts, "Integrating BalloonSAT and Atmospheric Dynamic Concepts into the Secondary Classroom", TPT, Vol. 54, #5, May 2016, p. 264.
- Lukas Schellenberg, "Revisiting Smartphone Astronomy", TPT, Vol. 53, #1, Jan 2015, p. 4.
- Marcus Meißner and Hendrik Haertig, "Smartphone Astronomy", TPT, Vol. 52, #7, Oct. 2014, p. 440.
- David P. Stern, "Using Space to Teach Physics", TPT, Vol. 37, #2, Feb. 1999, p. 102.
- John P. Cise, "# 2 - Current Space & Astronomy Events Which Help Teach Physics", AAPT 2017 Cincinnati Summer Meeting.
Disclaimer: These demonstrations are provided only for illustrative use by persons affiliated with The University of Iowa and only under the direction of a trained instructor or physicist. The University of Iowa is not responsible for demonstrations performed by those using their own equipment or who choose to use this reference material for their own purpose. The demonstrations included here are within the public domain and can be found in materials contained in libraries, bookstores, and through electronic sources. Performing all or any portion of any of these demonstrations, with or without revisions not depicted here entails inherent risks. These risks include, without limitation, bodily injury (and possibly death), including risks to health that may be temporary or permanent and that may exacerbate a pre-existing medical condition; and property loss or damage. Anyone performing any part of these demonstrations, even with revisions, knowingly and voluntarily assumes all risks associated with them.