University of Iowa Book Marked Sites
- Waves - Various wave interference phenomenon.
- Project CLAW - Flash Simulations of Wave-like Behavior.
Math and Physics:
Group and Phase Velocity:
E & M Field Waves
Free Circuit Simulators
XYZ of Oscilloscopes
- Go to Youtube and search "XYZ of Oscilloscopes by Textronix" to get a series of 97 videos.
English, Metric, and SI Units
- SI Guide - Includes information on the SI itself, its history in the U.S., an SI usage style guide, useful links, SI standards, and SI in several languages other than English.
Double Slit Diffraction
- 7 Stones - Education, Entertainment, and Computational interactive demos (Macromedia Shockwave player).
- 100 HTML5 Simulations - Andrew Duffy collecton.
- Acoustics and Vibration Animations - This website contains animations which visualize certain concepts concerning acoustics and vibration.
- Atomic Alchemy: Nuclear Processes - Several applets describing the nuclear process and the atom (runs best with Internet Explorer).
- Bryn Mawr: Interactive Physics on the Web - A collection of rated applets at Bryn Mawr.
- Catholic Memorial Physics - Physics Demonstrations.
- Computational Physics Applets - Bilingual effort with University of Antiopuia. Includes chaos fractals, and partial accelerators.
- Davidson Physics - Several various physics java applets.
- dmoz - An open directory project.
- Electricity and Magnetism Introduction - A collection of electronics resources from the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory at Florida State University. Visualizations include the Drude-like "molecular-level" model of resistance, an Ohm's law simulator and field effect transistor (FET) function.
- Fowlers Physics Applets - More applets.
- Franz - Josef Elmer Homepage - Interesting set of applets including: Brownian motor, Root of polynomial, and the Pendulum lab.
- Funderstanding - An online Roller Coaster simulator.
- General Physics Java Applets - Physics applets by B. Surendranath Reddy.
- Interactive Physics - Educational software from Design Simulation Technologies, makes it easy to observe, discover, and explore the physical world through exciting simulation. This easy-to-use program will support the most basic to complex topics in STEM education.
- Interactive Physics and Math with Java - Physics and Math Applets by Sergey Kiselev and Tanya Yanovsky-Kiselev.
- Interactive Web Physics 6 - Physics Animations that run in your web broswer and tablets using HTML5
- Mit.edu - Some run time animations. MIT Physics 8.2 Electricity and Magnetism.
- Technology Enabled Active Learning Main Page - Java and Shockwave animations covering areas of vector field, electrostatics, magnetostatics, Faraday's Law, and light.
- Molecule 6 - Shows stable modes of an atom that has 6 springs that can be varied.
- MyPhysicsLab - Physics Simulation in Java - 20 different classical mechanics simulation -- interactive, animated, running in real-time using Java. Springs and masses, pendulums, roller coasters, etc. You can move objects or change parameters like gravity, friction, etc. Full math explanations and free source code is provided.
- Online educational resource for Physics Teachers - Mostly Java applets.
- Open Source Physics: Simulations. - Large collection of simulations.
- PhET Interactive Simulations - Fun, interactive, research-based simulations of physical phenomena from the PhET project at the University of Colorado.
- "PHUN" - Free physics simulation program available for download.
- Physical Science Resource Center - A project of the American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT).
- Physics 3220 Quantum Animations - Mathematica Notebooks, part of a course in quantum mechanics at the University of Colorado.
- Physics Applets - About 50 excellent simulations by Paul Falstad.
- Physics Applets (University of Oregon) - About 40 animations concerning Energy and the Environment.
- Physics Classroom
- Physics Curriculum & Instruction - Physics Curriculum & Instruction educational software programs address a variety of topics in physics, astronomy, and physical science. These highly-acclaimed software programs have become standard education tools in high schools and colleges throughout the United States, Canada, Australia, and many countries worldwide.
- Physics Flashlets - A collection of Flash animations to make learning physics easier by Michael Fowler.
- Physics & Physical Science applets - Science applets and activities by the BBC.
- Physics Simulations - Simulations based on similar set at Davidson College.
- Project Interactivate - Resource for teachers.
- SciTech Hands-on Museum - Has Java applets on atoms, nuclei, quarks, and gluons.
- Sodaplay - The online toy where you can build and play with things made out of masses, springs and muscles.
- Steven Black's Home Page - A collection of simple applets designed for use at Washburn University.
- Surendranath.org - General Physics Animations
- The Applet Collection - These applets enable you to study simple physical systems in a playful way. They are idealizations of realistic scenarios which follow the proper equations that also govern the real experimental systems.
- The Northwestern Virtual Physics Lab - Many varying physics java applets
- The Virtual Laboratory - TIPTOP The Internet Pilot to Physics.
- University of Virginia (UVA) Virtual Laboratory - A collection of 3-D virtual reality animations on the topics of micorelectronics, nanoscience, and relevant physical electronics.
- Virtual Physics Laboratory - Updated monthly.
- Virtual Physics Labs - Labs accompany Kinetic Books text, and are written at three levels: Conceptual Physics, Principals of Physics, and Physics for Scientists and Engineers.
- Walter Fendt's Java Applets on Physics - Topics include mechanics, oscillations and waves, electrodynamics, optics, thermodynamics, relativity, atomic and nuclear.
- Wolfram Demonstrations Project - A free resource of interactive visualizations, from elementary education to the frontier of research.
- Yummy Physics - This site is to help students on the fundamentals of thermodynamics and its application when cooking or baking foods.
Minerals, Crystals, and Crystal Structure
Circuits Simulator Applet by Paul Falstad
- A More Sophisticated Geometric Optics Applet - It supports multiple optical components.
- Affordable Optics Demonstrations and Activities - Cool optics and atmospheric optics demonstrations from the "Cool Stuff Newsletter".
- Artsheaven - A Guide to stereograms: how they work, what they are, and a list of resources to making your own.
- Bob Miller's Light Walk - Unique discoveries will change the way you look at light, shadow, and images.
- Brain Games and Optical Illusions - Health related brain games and optical illusions.
- Grand Illusions - Some incredible optical illusions.
- Grab Your Glasses: It's Optical Illusion Time!
- The Human Eye and Your Sight - A Kid's Biology Lesson
- Interactive Optics Java Tutorials - Interactive tutorials from the "Science, Optics, and You" science curriculum package.
- Free Online Brain Teasers, Mind Games, Optical Illutions and Other Brainy Puzzles.
- Optical Illusions - A set of 27 optical illusions (download speed may be slow).
- Optical Illusions 4 Kids
- Optics for Kids - Games and experiments for children and lesson plans for teachers, parents, and guardians.
- Project Lite -Light Inquiry Through Experiments - Project LITE is an undergraduate educational materials development project located in the Science and Mathematics Education Center at Boston University supported by a grant from the National Science Foundation.
- Shadow/Image and Color - A look at how a light, an object, and screen position determines shadow shape, size, and area.
- Some Wave Optics Simulations - It shows how wave fronts behave during refraction and reflection (Huygens' principle).
- Teaching with Physlets®: Examples From Optics
- UF Applets - Light and Optics demonstrations.
- Bob DeSerio's Work - The Capacity Dimension of the Poincare Section and the Lyaponov Exponents of the attractor are computed.
- 3-D Early Per Worldmian - Run-time animation of a Pangea type super continent world.
- A Sampling of Hands-On Astronomy Activities. - From Project ASTRO and the resource notebook series.
- Can Stock Photo - Over 24,000 astronomy related pictures available for purchase or for free.
- Barewalls - Extensive collection of astronomy poster and prints.
- Earth and Moon Viewer. - Astronomy Web site for Earth & Moon Views.
- Fotosearch. - Fotosearch provides almost 30,000 images including photographs, illustrations, and footage. Image galleries are free to view and useful for finding examples.
- FreeArt.com - An extensive collection of free small astronomy posters and prints. This selection of astronomy work from artists, photographers, and designers from around the world.
- Go Graph - Go Graph Stock Photography offers over 18 million affordable royalty free stock photos, illustrations, vector clip art and royalty-free footage clips. The database contains over 35,000 astronomy-related images.
- Saturn - On this Web site (which will expand in winter 2004), we'll explore Saturn and its environs, adding new images and information as they become available.
- Saturn: The Cassini Mission - Scientific Explorations and Adventures with Paul Doherty. Explore the World, Do Experiments. Examine scientific images.
- University of Oregon Virtual Laboratory - Features applets dealing with astrophysics, energy and environment, mechanics, and thermodynamics.